Thursday, January 20, 2011

What do we pray for?


Ephesians 1:3 states we are blessed with every spiritual blessing, "who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places," If we have been blessed with every spiritual blessing why do we pray for more love when we know, "The love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us" (Romans 5:5) or we pray for peace, while Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you (John 14:27) or we pray for happiness and joy when Christ promised us, "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you and that your joy may be made full." (John 15:11) We asked for strength when He promised that we "can do all things through Him who strengthens" (Phil 4:13)

Do we spend time praying for what we have already been given?

No comments: