Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A gift from God

This morning as I was lying in bed praying, fighting the desire to get out of bed, but not doing so because it was earlier than my normal early rising, I was struck once again with the reminder that each day is a gift from God. The way all the parts of the body function together is not some random chance of cells holding a meeting deciding how to work better together. God’s hand is clearly seen in putting us together. Reading in scripture you see God hatred of sin, and at times his destruction of the sinners. Yet, I woke again this morning, not because I was so sinless yesterday, but because of God marvelous grace. In the very beginning God saw my sin, and announced the promise of the birth of Jesus to take away the sins of the world. Why did he allow me, or you, to hear the gospel message, recognize our salvation is based completely on His work, and acknowledge Him as Lord? I don’t have an answer others than God sovereign plan, His grace. Another day of life, a gift from heaven above. God may I treat this day as a gift from you.

No comments: