Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Life in Christ

I have been impressed with Acts 1:8 recently. While a common verse that I memorized as a kid, the impact of God's power through the Holy Spirit to be a witness is really challenging me. We have the power of the Holy Spirit as believers. In any type of work we always look at past performance to understand what will happen in the future. The power of God in the past blows the mind. He can and will do it in the future. Do I really believe I have His power to share what Jesus Christ did on the cross for the ungodly? Peter, Anannis and Paul are just a few of many examples of the practical working of the power of the Holy Spirit at work to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the unchurched.

Belief brings a change. Do I believe in the power of the Holy Spirit to witness? I sure want to say yes, but how how verbal am I? I am so thrilled that God uses "simple", well know verse, to remind us once again of who He is and what He wants in our life. It is not a new idea, it is not an unheard claim, but because God word is living it takes new impact again and again.

No comments: